Lineman Performance Association

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2018 11:34 am  #1

Handbar

OK, here's what may be a dumb question. I've been an LB guy since the start - his first coaches clinic in 2016. I've got at least one of all of his equipment except a Handbar (I'm the equipment budget, so I prioritize).

Anyway, here's my question: Why does it have four pads? In every video I've seen, guys only use the inside two. I know that the pads are supposed to mimic the shoulders of a DL, but under what circumstances do guys use the outer pads?

Thanks!

6/27/2018 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Handbar

Hey Coach,
I’ve used the outside pads to work individual hand pressure/core training. Check out the video below starting at 33 second mark. You can work two athletes in this manner as well - each with their inside hand on the outside pad -  hold pressure and then release and pass set. Hope that makes sense - I’ll try and find a video of the latter demonstration.

Thanks !

https://youtu.be/OEpzqWsz2-Q

Last edited by Anderson OLine (6/27/2018 9:36 pm)

#FIVESTRONG

6/27/2018 9:34 pm  #3

OK, I see that - thanks! You guys always do a great job.

6/27/2018 9:41 pm  #4

Thank you, Coach - one thing to note is that the balls are solid. I expected them to be soft pads initially but once I learned more about what exactly is trying to be accomplished with the tool it made way more sense. A soft pad that could fit over the balls (interchange) to strike would be great however - to work striking and the p2p with the tool. 🤔

#FIVESTRONG

6/27/2018 9:50 pm  #5

Yes, I've had a demo at LB's place, but even then we didn't use the outside pads. 

6/27/2018 10:02 pm  #6

Nice 👍 OLP Facility is incredible - I’ve thought about offsetting the athlete as well - like hands on 1st and 3rd pads creating an awkward pressure for the athlete...

#FIVESTRONG

6/27/2018 10:06 pm  #7

It's next on my major purchase list!

Board footera